ISQABFSDCPHHT || Chapter - 13

      Hama SenseiISQABFSDCPHHT

~ I Was Supposed To Be A Queen, But I Was Accused Of Being A Fake Saint, So I Fled And Was Doted On By The Crown Prince, But I Hope You'll Be Happy There Too ~

Chapter - 13 || No Unnecessary Decorations

"You're welcome to come back any time."

"I would be delighted to."

After leaving the monastery, we immediately took the flowers of the Maiden Lilies that Eric had shared with us to the greenhouse in the villa.

"Elvira-sama, we have soil and pots ready for you."

Benjamin, the gardener, said.

"Thank you."

"Is there anything else you need?"

The Countess of Klassen, who is accompanying me as my maid of honor, will also be listening.

"Well, then."

I will say it without hesitation.

"Can I have some clothes that you don't mind getting dirty?"

"Clothes I don't mind getting dirty?"

"Yes. I'd like clothes that are easy to move in and don't have any unnecessary decorations."

"Gosh... I see."

Rudolf-sama, who was listening next to me, had a hint of laughter in his voice.

"Please?"

The Countess of Klassen bowed.

"I'll have Erma bring it to you later."

"Oh."

"Rudolf-sama."

I expressed my gratitude to Rudolf-sama.

"Thank you so much for everything."

"No..."

"I'll let you know if there's anything else, and you can go back to your work, Rudolf-sama."

"Yes."

"I apologize for taking so much of your time for me."

"No, no need to apologize."

Rudolf-sama muttered, "But still, a little more." And then, as if giving up, he returned to his own palace.

"I think I'll be confined to the greenhouse for a while.

"I think I'll be confined to the greenhouse for a while." I said, feeling a surge of motivation.

"I'm at your service."

Countess Klassen smiled. The others nodded.

But,

"Eh, Lady Elvira! Lady Elvira! Please forgive me! I'm not good with bugs!"

"Worms, not bugs, but there's nothing to be afraid of."

In the greenhouse afterwards, everyone's shouts echoed.

"Stay back. Where's Erma?"

"I'm sorry! Erma doesn't like bugs either!"

"I understand. Stand back."

In the end, I and Benjamin, the gardener, did the planting.

We were in a similar situation in the Kingdom of Turku, so we were used to it.

"Aren't you afraid, Elvira-sama?"

I wondered if he was really surprised.

Erma asked me this while I was helping her with the hot water after the planting.

As I shook the hot water with rose petals floating in it, I answered,

"Not at all. When you think that worms have a role to play in life, they seem to be working very hard."

"That's great..."

I found Erma's honest admiration to be very cute.

"Are you okay, Erma? You really don't have to do it."

I said.

"Of course not! Of course I do! I'm sorry! I'll do my best tomorrow!"

A loud voice came back.

"Erma, a little more quiet, please."

Countess Klassen chided her.

The next day, I took care of the lilies again.

Both Erma and Countess Klassen were frightened to death to touch the soil.

"Your dress will get dirty, and it's okay to stay back."

I said to her. I was wearing a plain but tailored clothes that she prepared for me yesterday.

"It's very comfortable, thank you, Erma."

"No! You look beautiful no matter what you wear!"

"Erma, keep your voice down."

Countess Klassen said.

"Well."

When we had finished planting, I said to Christopher, "I will spend most of my time here from today.

Can you keep me and the lilies safe?"

"Of course. You can rest assured."

I will tell the maids.

"Please do not let them know that I am here, and stay in the palace. You are the only ones who can help me."

"Very well, my lady."

When I was in the Kingdom of Turku, various nobles tried to interfere with me.

No matter how careful we are, we cannot rest assured.

"Thank you very much. Thanks to you, I can concentrate on growing lilies."

I said, with gratitude.

"Benjamin, could you please put some more permeable soil in this pot?"

"Yes."

From then, I started to go into the greenhouse.

I would snuggle up to the lilies until I could hear them.

It's not that I can hear the lilies directly.

It would be easier to listen to the plant's silent voice and give it what it wants, one lily at a time.

"Oh, this one needs more nutrition."

If you let your mind wander, even for a moment, you will not know what it wants. It takes concentration and patience.

But,

"Elvira-sama, it's sprouting!"

We were always happy when there was a response.

A beautiful green sprout had emerged from the soil.

"Thank you, Lady Elvira."

I thanked the shy saint in the country for her kindness.

From that point on, things went well.

I don't know if it was just my imagination, but the lilies here grew faster than in the Kingdom of Turku, and one by one, the buds began to appear.

"Congratulations!"

That's what Erma and the others said to me.

"It's too early to be happy."

"No, we've come so far, all that's left is to bloom."

"If that's the case, I owe it to all of you. Thank you."

"It's too early to say thank you."

We smiled at each other and had a peaceful time.

——

"Well, the buds have sprouted."

Rudolf said, looking up from his papers.

Fritz Giesen, his subordinate, continued to report,

"It's about Christopher."

Rudolf only raised an eyebrow to urge him onward.

"They say they've captured two bandits who tried to breach the greenhouse, and three minor nobles who ordered it. We're checking behind them now."

"Tell him he did good."

"Yes, sir."

"It's probably one of the noblemen who want to get the crown prince out of the country anyway."

"Probably."

That much was expected.

Somewhere along the line, they had gotten wind of Elvira's presence and were trying to interfere.

"Stay alert. Make sure that Elvira is not harmed in any way."

"Yes."

Rudolf ordered Fritz.

——

At the same time, in another place.

In the Kingdom of Turku, a scream went up.

"Oh, my God! Your Majesty! Oh, my God!"

Alexander frowned at the sound of Jacek's voice.

He was in a foul mood because he had to prepare for the unveiling of the new saint in addition to his normally busy schedule.

"What is it now... a landslide? A river overflowing? Livestock running amok?"

"It's worse than all of those."

"What?"

Jacek caught his breath and finally said,

"The 'Maiden Lily' that Lady Natalia was tending to has withered!"

Next ]

Previous ]