ISQABFSDCPHHT || Chapter - 26

                 Hama SenseiISQABFSDCPHHT

~ I Was Supposed To Be A Queen, But I Was Accused Of Being A Fake Saint, So I Fled And Was Doted On By The Crown Prince, But I Hope You'll Be Happy There Too ~

Chapter - 26 || We'll Always Be Together From Now On

That night after the saint ceremony was over, a dinner party was held at the court.

Many people came to greet us. I had the names and faces of all the people in my mind beforehand, but I had to learn them all over again.

After the dinner, Rudolf-sama dropped me off in the villa.

"It's been a long, long day. Elvira, please take time to relax."

"I'm sure you're tired as well, Rudolf-sama, I hope you get some rest."

We talked about such things as we strolled.

And then Rudolf-sama showed me an unusual route.

"Why don't we go back through the gardens to get some fresh air?"

I was all for it. All the gardens here were magnificent.

"By all means."

When I told him so honestly, Rudolf-sama smiled happily.

The moon shone brightly on the trees and grass.

I finally felt calm and relaxed.

Rudolf-sama said with a laugh,

"Rosemarie-san Goldberg was really troublesome."

I felt my face relax as I remembered Rosemarie's hard work.

"She reminded me a little of Erma."

"That's true."

That's right,

I needed to say something that I thought of earlier as well.

"Rudolf-sama, I have a request."

Rudolf-sama said happily,

"What is it? You can tell me anything."

I meekly checked to make sure there was no one else in the area, and then I said,

"If you don't mind, I would like to make Miss Rosemarie my lady-in-waiting."

"Maid of honor?"

"I'll have to wait and see what Rosemarie-san's intentions are."

"I don't know what her intentions are, and I'm sure she'll go into a frenzy when she hears them. But is it okay?"

I nodded my head.

"I'm sure that many noblemen will be coming forward to be my maid of honor. I think it will be easier to choose Rosemarie-san as a guideline before that."

Rudolf-sama stopped and asked me,

"Do you mean that only those who have a strong faith in the saints can become Elvira's ladies-in-waiting?"

"Yes."

By having Rosemarie as my maid of honor, those who wish to be close to the royal family in the future will pretend to be devout saintly devotees, even if only on the surface.

This meant respect for the temple.

Of course, I am not saying this for my own sake.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but..."

I'll be brief.

"When Rudolf-sama ascends to the throne, he will have me, a saint, as his wife. Isn't it a reasonable and powerful factor to unite the country based on the belief in saints?"

In order to unite an empire that has been built up by conquering various countries, I think it's a good idea to use the loose discipline of the faith of the saints as the pillar of the empire, so that there will be less resistance from the people.

The fact that Rudolf-sama is close to Eric-sama, the next High Priestess, should also work in a positive direction.

"Of course, we must respect the existing beliefs."

Rudolf-sama seemed to have understood my intentions.

"Elvira, if you are forced to do something for me..."

"Isn't it natural that I should do what's best for Rudolf-sama?"

That is the role of me, a saint and the Crown Princess.

Besides, I said,

"I believe that Lady Rosemarie's concern is also the concerns of the people."

Rudolf-sama said nothing, and I looked up at the moon.

The light was very gentle.

"I will definitely come back. For now, let's wait for Rosemarie-san."

"I will ask her tomorrow through Count Goldberg. Well, if her father objects, she'll probably run away from home."

I nodded, laughing.

"Please do so."

Eventually, we arrived at the villa.

Rudolf-sama said,

"Good night."

I'll say the same.

"Good night, Rudolf-sama."

——

Then a week later,

"Oh, Elvira, I'm so glad you're well!"

"Mother too..."

I was reunited with my father, mother and brother Richard. They had come to the Zomer Empire for the wedding.

"Elvira, my daughter."

"How are you, Elvira?"

"It's been a long time since father and brother have... been here."

My heart filled with joy as we exchanged hugs.

Rudolf-sama had prepared a room for us so that we can enjoy our family reunion at peace.

We had a quick cup of tea.

"Elena wanted to see you too."

The smile on my brother's face was the same as before.

"I would like to see Elena too."

I was acquainted my brother's fiancé, Elena, we would occasionally give each other gifts. She would always give me small things of good taste.

"But I didn't expect you to marry Rudolf."

"I was surprised, too."

"Well, he's better than that."

He was probably talking about Alexander-sama, wasn't he? In the past, my mother would have discouraged my brother from talking like that, but now she was quietly drinking tea.

"You know, Rudolf's been watching you all day."

My brother said light heartedly.

"All the time?"

"Rudolf has been to our house a few times, hasn't he?"

"Yes, he has."

Rudolf-sama had visited the Kingdom of Turku several times at the invitation of my father. I had spoken with him many times.

But if you say he's been watching me all this time, I can only tilt my head.

"Oh well, you'll have to ask Rudolf about that. You're going to be together from now on, anyways. I never thought that Rudolf would become my brother-in-law."

At his words, I couldn't help but stop myself from lifting the tea cup.

We will always be together.

That's right.

From now on, I will always be with Rudolf-sama.

"What is it? Are you embarrassed?"

"Richard! That's enough!"

My mother chided.


—The day after that was the wedding.

This time, the ceremony was presided over by the High Priestess instead of Eric.

As we left the temple, the sounds of blessings echoed.

"The Crown Prince! Her Imperial Highness the Crown Princess! Congratulations!"

"Congratulations!"

"Young Sun and Moon of the Zomer Empire!"

I was really happy.

I whispered to Rudolf-sama standing next to me.

"Please take care of me."

"It's my pleasure. I won't let you go."

Rudolf-sama said this without hesitation.

Brother Richard laughed,

"Take care of my sister, Crown Prince."

Rudolf-sama looked at me and said,

"I will treasure her above all else."

Next ]

Previous ]