ISQABFSDCPHHT || Chapter - 29

                    Hama SenseiISQABFSDCPHHT

~ I Was Supposed To Be A Queen, But I Was Accused Of Being A Fake Saint, So I Fled And Was Doted On By The Crown Prince, But I Hope You'll Be Happy There Too ~

Chapter - 29 || The Entire Room Was Intoxicated In A Enchanting Scent

The wedding banquet for me and Rudolf-sama was still going on.

Just as I was about to leave the hall, Rudolf-sama and I moved to the palace where the crown prince and his wife had lived for generations.

From now on, we will not live in a villa, but in a palace.

When I returned to my room, the first thing I did was to take a hot bath.

The maids were very attentive.

"The massage was perfect!"

"Your nails, too!"

"Oh, Lady Elvira, you look even more beautiful today. You look dazzling."

"You could use a little more rose perfume."

"Your hair looks perfect."

After bathing more carefully than usual, I put on a nightgown of shiny, smooth fabric.

"Well then, Elvira-sama, we'll leave you to it."

"Yes."

The maids retreated at once, and I went into the adjoining bedroom. It seemed that Rudolf-sama was not here yet.

I sat on the sofa and waited for Rudolf-sama to arrive.

The bedroom was also spacious enough. There was a large canopied bed in the middle, but I couldn't look directly at it and had to turn my eyes away.

Other than that, I think I'm the same person I've always been.

On the outside.

But on the inside,

I had to admit that I was quite nervous.

I didn't even know what to talk about when Rudolf-sama will be here.

What would be the appropriate topic in such a situation?

Tomorrow's weather?

About politics?

As expected, I don't think that's it.

I've talked a lot about the Maiden's Lily Festival with everyone at the wedding reception earlier.

I'm sure it's the same for Rudolf-sama.

Oh, yes!

It might be a good idea to talk about the beauty of this new palace.

If I could tell him some things about the successive Crown Princes and their wives, I think it would be good.

That's it!

I was relieved to have found a clue to the topic.

"Elvira, I'm coming in."

The door of the one connected to Rudolf-sama's room opened.

"Yes."

My voice was the same as usual, but my heart was pounding like it was going to explode.

I smelled a good fragrance Rudolf-sama, who was sitting next to me on the sofa.

The scent was similar to my rose perfume, but a little different.

However, I think it was calculated so that the two of us would not be uncomfortable when mixed together. The whole bedroom was enveloped in the enchanting scent.

"Elvira smells so good."

Rudolf-sama said the same thing I was thinking.

"It smells like roses."

"It's my favorite scent."

Rudolf-sama smiled, as if he was happy. He must like the scent very much.

Rudolf-sama's nightgown had more oriental decorations than mine. It went very well with Rudolf-sama's black hair.

The lack of extra decoration on my nightgown may have been to match my platinum blonde hair.

I could see the attention to the details of the people who worked in this palace.

I tried to distract myself from this, but the proximity, where we could even smell each other's perfume, made me even more nervous.

Her facial muscles, which she had developed through her education as a queen, made her smile as usual, but she couldn't say anything about the topics she had thought of.

I don't know what to do anymore!

In spite of my frustration, Rudolf-sama said leisurely,

"Oh, Elvira is still lovely tonight."

Rudolf-sama was same as usual.

There was no sign of nervousness at all. For some reason, I hated him for being so relaxed.

I'm the only one who's nervous, aren't I?

That's right.

I finally said what came to my mind,

"Would you like something to drink?"

"No, I'm good for now. I'm full."

"I see."

That's right.

It was the same for me.

I didn't show it on my face, but I was disappointed.

My efforts to understand the situation were futile.

"I'm tired today. Let's go to bed."

Rudolf-sama said smilingly. I nodded my head in determination.

"Yes, you're right. I'm really tired."

Despite my expression, my heart was beating even harder and I didn't know what to do.

But,

"Good night."

"Yes... good night."

I and Rudolf-sama laid down on the far end of the large bunk.

It was extremely wide even if I streched out.

As I slipped into my nightgown, Rudolf-sama closed his eyes.

Is this okay?

I know that there is something that happens between the night of a married couple.

Is it okay if I go to sleep like this?

Are you sure?

I'm going to sleep, okay?

Confused, I closed my eyes.

"Elvira, don't worry."

Rudolf-sama continued,

"I will not lay a finger on you."

I opened my eyes and stared at Rudolf-sama.

Rudolf-sama was staring at me with very kind eyes.

"I will keep the promise I made to your parents. I'll keep waiting for you to change your mind."

"But, um..."

Of course I remembered that promise.

However, I was willing to accept it if Rudolf-sama, who was determined to marry me, asked me if I could say a word.

But, but... Well...

I wasn't sure on what to say.

He also said such thoughtful things.

I was very grateful for his kindness, but I wondered how I could tell him that it was okay for him to touch me.

But I was too embarrassed to say it...

"Do you remember, Elvira?"

Rudolf-sama smiled softly.

Oh, God, we're talking about different things, aren't we?

"When I first met you, you were only 14 and very pretty."

"I was a child, not even a debutante."

"I was lost in the duchy and inadvertently wandered into a garden."

I smiled at him.

"Yes, I do."

I remember how surprised I was when a handsome prince-like man suddenly appeared. He was not a prince, but the Crown Prince.

"I seriously thought Elvira was an angel standing in front of in the garden of roses."

"That's too much of a compliment."

"I can't praise you enough. I've been back several times since then, and I must confess that it was all because I wanted to see Elvira."

Huh?

I was surprised without saying it out loud. I had never heard of such a thing.

"I thought Rudolf-sama had come to see my brother..."

"Of course, Richard is one of my few friends, and the story of the Duke of Lustro was very interesting.

But I have always wished I could have had a glimpse of you. At that time, I was always trying to find a reason to go and talk to you."

Rudolf-sama looked up at the canopy and said,

"...Many times, I tried to give up. But I couldn't."

I was completely unaware of Rudolf-sama's feelings.

"It was always pleasant to receive the candy and ribbons."

They sent us beautiful sugar candies that were too pretty to eat, and ribbons that seemed to sparkle.

"Whatever Rudolf-sama chose for me has been my treasure."

"I'm glad to hear that. I've been trying to pick one that pleases you."

I remembered my brother's words when he said Rudolf-sama was watching me.

"Is that so..."

For me, Rudolf-sama was more like a idol than a older brother, and I admired him.

That's why, wasn't it?

That time,

Even though I had to choose the best course of action, I would not have decided to marry if it had not been for Rudolf-sama.

It was only because I had a faint admiration for Rudolf-sama that I was able to make such a quick decision.

That feeling had only increased since I came here, and it will never go away.

So—

"So, Elvira, please don't worry."

While I was searching for words, Rudolf-sama spoke first,

"I will keep my promise. Please don't think that I am just like any other person. I'll wait until you're ready."

"......"

"Elvira?"

"No, um, thank you so much..."

Rudolf-sama nodded, relieved.

"I've been waiting so far, so I'm not impatient."

"...Thank you."

I didn't know what to say, so I just repeated my thanks.

In other words, this is it.

I just have to announce to Rudolf-sama that I accept him and we should get married, right?

Oh no...

I can't.

I turned red with embarrassment and closed my eyes as if I was hiding in my nightgown.

Rudolf-sama said good night to me gently.

Next ]

Previous ]