ISQABFSDCPHHT || Chapter - 42

Hama SenseiISQABFSDCPHHT

~ I Was Supposed To Be A Queen, But I Was Accused Of Being A Fake Saint, So I Fled And Was Doted On By The Crown Prince, But I Hope You'll Be Happy There Too ~

Chapter - 42 || What the do I do?

"What the hell!"

Julius turned around and tried to kick Youssef away.

Still, Youssef shouted,

"Who's locking up the old man and making him fake it! You're just as guilty of turning a blind eye! You're the ones desecrating the saints, you're the ones insulting them!"

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

Trying not to be distracted, Youssef continued.

"If she's a Saint, she can make the Maiden's Lily bloom! I don't need a fake!"

"I don't know anything about that!"

"Just because you look away doesn't mean you're gone."

"Shut the fuck up!"

Julius pushed Youssef away with all his might.

Youssef fell to the ground, shocked.

He was dizzy and was breathing hard.

I want to move, but I can't.

Youssef said in a thin voice,

"Then kill... me already."

Youssef lay down and continued,

"...In return, help the old man. Put him outside the gate, preferably in a public place."

As I was listening in, some collaborators appeared.

One of them was outside, waiting for Youssef to return.

If there was any movement, they would sense it.

"You want me to help an old man in exchange for yourself?"

Julius had a look of incomprehension on his face.

Of course, Youssef didn't want to die willingly either.

But it would be more useful as a witness if Adrian survived than if he didn't.

"Grandpa has to attend his grandson's wedding. I promised him. I'm a bachelor. I have no children, no grandchildren."

"A wedding? That's not—"

"I'm sorry."

Adrian interrupted.

"If you're gonna kill me, do it now."

"What the fuck? Don't!"

Julius shouted, but Adrian continued flatly,

"If I'm killed, I can't make any more fakes. It's better for the country in the long run."

Julius made a muffled face. Adrian nodded.

"...I've been terrified. There was no way I was going to get away with this. I was hoping that someone would realize that the lily was a fake."

'Oh, I see,' thought Youssef.

So that's why Adrian risked so much to make seven petals.

To get me to notice.

Adrian looked at Youssef.

"I was at his mercy because I was worried about my grandson, but I'm sure this meddlesome man will do something about it. So kill me. And let him go."

Youssef gave a small laugh. He wondered to himself if he could laugh even at times like this.

"Why are you laughing?"

It was Adrian who asked. "Because," Youssef replied.

"Old man. What's the point of me coming here, then? I've had a hard time getting here."

"It meant a lot. I've lived my life the way I wanted to, I had grandchildren who worried about me to the end, and a reckless guy who came to my rescue even though he'd never met me. I've been given enough gifts for the end of my life."

"So," Adrien said again to Julius.

"If anyone should be killed, it should be me. Do you understand?"

"Wait."

Julius sounded puzzled.

"You two don't know each other, do you?"

Adrian replied.

"No, I've never seen him before today. He's just a reckless bastard."

It was unpleasant to be told that by Adrian, who was trying to help him, but he was right, so Youssef muttered an excuse.

"I've never seen him before, but as I was exploring, he showed me some of his work. They were magnificent. They were all so inspiring. Once you see them, it's like you already know each other."

"It's an honour."

"...Are you insane?"

Julius muttered in dismay,

"How can you go that far when you don't even know each other? Are you guys crazy?"

Youssef said to Julius,

"From my point of view, you're the one who's crazy."

"What?"

"How can you dawdle when things are going to get so bad? Wake up."

Julius regripped his sword.

"Why are you saying that? I'm a knight, remember? I'm holding a sword, remember? Be afraid. Cry out for help."

"I'm afraid I'm not scared."

Julius raised his sword significantly.

"Then I'll kill you as you wish, is that what you want?"

"Don't do that to the old man!"

Youssef tried to hold on to Julius again so that the blade would not be pointed at Adrian, but his body was not strong enough.

Julius' sword was pointed in a different direction than Youssef.

There was no time to tell him to stop.

Zaku.

There was a dull thud.

"You..."

I looked and saw that Julius was crouched down with his sword stuck in the ground.

Slowly, Julius looked up.

His eyes were wet.

"I'm with..."

Julius curled both of his palms upward, as if he were sipping water.

His hands were trembling slightly.

"I've always wondered why the disasters didn't stop, but every time they did, I thought it was no big deal, because that's what I was told."

Julius muttered to himself as he looked at his hands.

"But sure enough, there were seven petals... and that's what I saw clearly with my own eyes."

Julius gingerly wiped away his tears with his hand.

"I didn't want to know... But now that I know, I can't go back to the time when I didn't know."

"What am I supposed to do?" Julius asked.

Next ]

Previous ]