ISQABFSDCPHHT || Chapter - 43

Hama SenseiISQABFSDCPHHT

~ I Was Supposed To Be A Queen, But I Was Accused Of Being A Fake Saint, So I Fled And Was Doted On By The Crown Prince, But I Hope You'll Be Happy There Too ~

Chapter - 43 || We Are Convinced That Lady Elvira Is The Saint

The day after the wedding.

We immediately set off for the 'Sacred Heart.'

But we couldn't climb it directly.

The mountain of Gure, located in the town of Fleg, was the closest ridge to view, so we headed there first.

We traveled carefully, swinging in a carriage for several days.

Our destination was a small temple on a mountainside in Gure.

We had to use horses to get up there, so I wore my riding uniform.

"Elvira, are you okay?"

Rudolf-sama, also in riding clothes, asked me with concern. But,

"I'm fine!"

I answered with a full-blown smile on my face. Rudolf-sama rolled his eyes.

"Are you any good at riding, by any chance?"

"I'm good at it, or rather, I like it... When I was a little girl, I said I wanted to be able to pray in different places, so I needed to be able to ride a horse, so my father made me practice."

Due to my position, I was not able to ride much, but horse riding with a sense of freedom was a secret hobby of mine.

Rudolf-sama laughed,

"I should have asked you first. When we get back to the country, we'll go for a long ride together."

"Are you sure? I'd be happy."

"I'm happy for you. It's not often that I see you in such good spirits."

"Oh... excuse me."

"That's not rude at all."

And there you go.

"Elvira-sama, over here."

Christopher brought the horse to me.

"I've heard he's a gentle horse."

I gently pet the child,

"Good boy. Nice to meet you."

A sniffle and a snort could be heard.

However, that was as far as he was willing to go.

"This is... strange."

Rudolf-sama murmured, and I nodded.

On our way to the temple, we saw several flocks of unwell sheep and goats. The shepherd didn't seem to be around either.

"It shouldn't be time to come down."

By now, they should be grazing on mountaintops with cooler weather and fresh grass.

"The temple may know why. Let's ask them."

"Oh."

Rudolf-sama nodded at my words.

As I thought the slope was getting steeper, I saw a rope in front of me. On the other side of it was a small temple.

"We're here."

"Yes."

We got off our horses.

Before entering the temple, I couldn't help but stop and take in the scenery.

"Oh."

From here, I could see all the way across to the Sacred Summit.

"Wow."

"Whoa."

Even the knights were shouting in admiration behind us.

The mountaintops, lined with white snow, were magnificent.

"This is majestic."

Rudolf-sama was also carefully observing the 'Holy Grail.'

My heart was full, too.

"I can't tell you how many times I've seen it, but it makes me smile."

The Holy Grail seemed to glow with white snow.

"There's really snow on the ground."

"Yes. Even in the summer, the snow is still there, so the mountain people regard it as very sacred."

After finishing our conversation,

"Welcome!"

Wadnui, the elder of the mountain, came to greet us.

"Wadnui-sama, how are you?"

"Dear Elvira, how are you?"

The wrinkles on his tanned face seem to have deepened slightly, but other than that, he was the same old Wadnui.

Today, too, he said in a taut voice.

"Congratulations on your marriage, Crown Princess Elvira."

"Thank you very much."

I had informed Wadnui-sama of the series of events that had transpired since the annulment of my engagement to Alexander-sama.

I'm sure it must have caused him some concern, but Wadnui-sama in front of me was looking at me as if he was relieved.

And then he said,

"It is an honour to have the Crown Prince and Princess of the Empire visit us. Please forgive any inconvenience this may cause in our small temple, where no priest has taken up residence."

I shook my head.

"No, this is why we asked for your help."

Praying at the sacred altar was the main purpose of my visit.

I didn't mean to be rude, but the wedding was an excuse to do so.

"I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to the normally quiet mountain."

Wadnui-sama narrowed his eyes gently.

"It's no trouble at all. To tell you the truth, I thought I would never see you again, so I am grateful to see you in good health.

It may be rude of me to say this to the Crown Princess, but that little Elvira has... grown up so much."

"Thank you... Wadnui-sama."

Relieved, I asked Wadnui-sama again,

"By the way, Wadnui-sama, I saw a flock of out-of-season sheep on the road..."

"Did you see them?"

Wadnui-sama replied gravely,

"Since the collapse of the Sacred Summit, the grass in the mountains of Gure here has stopped growing.

We have no choice but to fight over what little grass we have at the foot of the mountain."

"How is that possible?"

It was a matter of life and death for them.

"Is the court aware of this?"

"I've reported it to them several times, but... I have not received any particular response."

Then Rudolf-sama asked,

"What do the mountain people and Wadnui-sama think is the cause?"

"Of course, I think it is because of the collapse of the Sacred Mount, that is, because of the loss of faith in the Saint. It's not that the faith of the mountain people has waned. It's the faith of the entire country."

"I'm sorry."

I couldn't help but apologize.

One of the reasons why the people's faith was waning was because I was careless.

The consequences from that have come to this mountain.

But Wadnui-sama smiled and said,

"Don't worry, it's nothing for you to apologize for. There is no one here who would speak ill of you."

"No one?"

Rudolf-sama raised an eyebrow. Wadnui-sama nodded,

"Lady Elvira has visited us many times since she was a little girl. We were convinced by her appearance that she was a Saint. Once a person is convinced, it is not easy to change."

Wadnui-sama smiled,

"Even so, the mountainous people are stubborn. We still believe that the lilies that Lady Elvira made bloom were the real 'Maiden Lilies,' as we have seen them with our own eyes, rather than what the court has announced."

"Thank you..."

"Therefore, everyone is truly blessed to hear that Lady Elvira has become the Saint of the empire."

My heart was filled with joy.

There were people who were convinced of my innocence, who had been unilaterally stigmatized.

Rudolf-sama seemed convinced.

"I see."

Wadnui-sama went on to say,

"To repeat my previous answer, the overall of the mountainous people think is that there are other reasons for Heaven's judgment from that our faith has waned."

"What do you mean?"

In response to Rudolf-sama's question, he said firmly,

"She never comes here and we think it's because of this person, Lady Natalia, who calls herself a Saint."

Next ]

Previous ]