ISQABFSDCPHHT || Chapter - 47

Hama SenseiISQABFSDCPHHT

~ I Was Supposed To Be A Queen, But I Was Accused Of Being A Fake Saint, So I Fled And Was Doted On By The Crown Prince, But I Hope You'll Be Happy There Too ~

Chapter - 47 || This Was What The Prayers Was About

However, for some reason, Natalia froze and stopped moving.

Oh, did I say too much?

When Rudolf-sama saw this, he said,

"You are right, Elvira. I also retract my previous statement. Please forgive me for trying to blame Saint Natalia for praying for her people."

"...Oh no."

The High Priestess said meekly, as if her spirit had been drained.

I confirmed with Lady Natalia,

"Of course, you will be going to greet Wadnui-sama and the rest of the mountainous people later?"

"Yes, yes."

Lady Natalia did not answer my question, but looks at the High Priestess.

"Of course!"

The High Priestess replied with a fake smile, and Lady Natalia almost opened her mouth to say something.

But—

"Natalia said she wanted to pray first, so we had to wait to greet them."

"Is that so?"

Wadnui-sama raised his eyebrows and asked.

"Yes, Wadnui, gather the people later."

"...Yes, High Priestess."

Then the High Priestess said to me,

"If you would like to pray after Natalia, Your Highness, please do so."

"No, not me."

"Don't say that. You've come all this way. I need to get ready, so I'll leave you to it."

The High Priestess hurriedly took out an unusual candle from her pocket.

There was something written on it that looked like unreadable letters.

She transferred the light from the candle on the candlestick, which had been so well lit, to it.

"What's that?"

The High Priestess laughed happily when I asked her a question.

"Natalia has had a lot of practice with the ancient ritual of prayer. This is a candle for the ancient prayers."

"Ancient prayers?"

I had never heard of it before.

"No wonder you don't know. Natalia said she wanted to know what form of prayer she could do, so I gave her this one.

Please take a look at the results of her practice."

I was surprised.

"Well, if that's the case, I'm sorry for my rudeness earlier."

I had no idea that Lady Natalia was so eager to practice her prayers.

Could it be that she had awakened to her role as a Saint?

Even if the lilies weren't real, if she could pray earnestly and put aside her own desires, she may be able to reach heaven.

"No, no. This is what I said to interrupt Lady Elvira's prayers."

The High Priestess said with an uncharacteristically affable tone.

"And it is true that Lady Natalia has not visited many places before."

Wadnui-sama added,

"That's certainly true."

"I would love to see your ancient prayers, Natalia."

When I said this, Lady Natalia looked a little complicated. I wondered what was wrong with her.

"Let's get started, shall we?"

But at the sound of the High Priestess' voice, Natalia moved quickly.

I watched her with great anticipation.

"Oh!"

I heard a groan.

"Is this prayer?"

Rudolf-sama murmured, and I agreed with him.

Her movement was more of a dance than a prayer.

But,

"I've heard of dances to pray to heaven."

This, I thought, was still a prayer.

She knelt down gracefully, gently stood up, raised her hands as if in prayer to the heavens, and then, without looking, took seven straight steps backwards.

If she had any hesitation, she would have been dizzy, but since she didn't, I could see how well she had practiced.

Then, as soon as she lowered, she immediately knelt down again, and it was a unique prayer that repeated these combinations.

It was beautiful, I thought to myself.

I had never seen Natalia with such a serious face.

She was shaking her strawberry blonde hair, but I thought even that was beautiful.

Then, after finishing her prayer, Lady Natalia took a moment to catch her breath.

"Lady Elvira?"

She called out to me.

"If you'll forgive me for praying first, please pray now."

I muttered to myself,

"You're Natalia, aren't you...?"

"Yes, I am."

She was a different person now, with different mannerisms and attitude.

"I appreciate the offer, but I am not capable of ancient prayers like Natalia."

"It's fine. It's normal."

Was that so?

There was more to it than that.

"Oh my God, Natalia."

"Oh, I'm so sorry about Natalia."

And then she looked at where she had been.

"Please wait a moment, my sweat has dripped off."

I instructed the squire to wipe it off.

What kind of care was that?!

"Here you go."

"Thank you."

I thought it would be impolite to refrain from praying after all that effort, so I decided to offer a prayer of my own.

However, I just kneeled down, bowed my head, folded my hands, and prayed in my heart with all my heart.

The High Priestess and Natalia were in the back observing, though it was not very interesting to watch.

Of course, Wadnui-sama, Ludolf-sama, and all the Knights were watching me.

I always lose track of time when I'm praying.

I don't know how much time had passed, but I looked up.

My heart was full.

The sadness of leaving this country was now gone.

In prayer, I was one with all things.

If only I had that feeling, I would feel at home even when I am far away.

Slowly, I tried to stand up.

But,

"Elvira!"

"Lady Elvira!"

What happened to me?

My vision darkened and I lost my strength.

I collapsed on the spot.

Next ]

Previous ]