ISQABFSDCPHHT || Chapter - 48

Hama SenseiISQABFSDCPHHT

~ I Was Supposed To Be A Queen, But I Was Accused Of Being A Fake Saint, So I Fled And Was Doted On By The Crown Prince, But I Hope You'll Be Happy There Too ~

Chapter - 48 || I Was Angry At Myself

When Rudolf saw Elvira crumpled, he ran to support her body, unaware of what was happening.

However, he was not able to make it in time.

"Elvira!"

Elvira collapsed at the end of Rudolf's reach.

Christopher shouted,

"Lady Elvira has fallen!"

The others reacted to it.

"Get a doctor!"

From that point on, Elvira never woke up.

No fever.

No breathing problems.

She just seemed to be asleep.

Even with the wisdom of the mountainous people and the herbalist at the foot of the mountain, they could not figure out the cause.

As the town of Fleg could not provide adequate treatment, Elvira was sent to the court to recuperate.

Wadnui and Rudolf said goodbye to each other with exhausted faces.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help..."

"No, Wadnui-sama has been good to me."

"I've been praying for Lady Elvira."

"...Please do so."

The High Priestess and Queen Natalia, who had returned earlier, sent a carriage that could carry the entire bed because they felt responsible for being there.

In the carriage, Rudolf couldn't help but mutter.

"How could they prepare such a carriage for such an unexpected event?"

Then he clutched his own hand painfully.

"It's terrible, but there's no proof. Damnit!"

Christopher responded with a grim face,

"I'm so sorry for your loss."

"They must have done something to her..."

"I think so, too."

But Rudolf's own eyes confirmed that the High Priestess and Natalia had stayed away from Elvira.

When Elvira fell, if Wadnui had not stopped him, Rudolf would have attacked the High Priestess.

Perhaps even that's what they wanted.

"Elvira, I'm sorry."

Rudolf muttered an apology for the umpteenth time.

Rudolph's anger toward Alexander, who had nothing to do with the incident, simmered in his body.

And I was angry at myself.

"I don't know why."

The doctor who examined Elvira in the Kingdom of Turku called Rudolf into another room and told him so.

"Isn't it the doctor's job to find out?"

Rudolf did not hide his annoyance and asked the doctor again.

The old doctor, not intimidated by Rudolf's power, answered aloofly,

"Even if you say that... I cannot do anything about it. The cause is unknown."

"That's it then. Just heal her."

The doctor shook his head.

"Since we don't know the cause, we don't know how to treat it. We just have to let her sleep."

"All right... let's take her back to the Empire. Thank you for your help."

The attending physician grabbed Rudolf's arm and shook his head.

"You must not."

"'Why not?"

"We don't even know if we can move her."

"But there's nothing you can do about it, is there?"

"Yes. I don't know the cause." 

Rudolf shook off the attending physician's hand.

"Enough!"

"Please wait."

He went through the trouble of summoning me, but this wasn't the way to talk.

Rudolf went back to Elvira's room.

"Erma, I'm back. How's Elvira?"

But the bed was empty.

"Elvira?"

Rudolf looked around. Then,

"Oh! Rudolf-sama!"

Erma ran up to Rudolf with a very pale face.

"Erma, what's wrong?"

"Elvira-sama, Elvira-sama..."

Erma was just crying and not getting to the point.

The out-of-breath Knight came back and Rudolf asked the same question, to which the Knight also replied, turning pale.

"Just now, His Majesty the Crown Prince has moved Elvira-sama to another room."

"What the hell?! Where?"

"That's... what I was chasing, but they got away... I'm sorry..."

"What did you say?!"

"I heard that no one is allowed to visit and that Elvira-sama has been convinced, although I'm afraid that may not be the case..."

"I can't allow that!!"

The Knight hung his head,

"Forgive me! I was told that Rudolf-sama was in danger, and while I was momentarily lost in judgment, she was taken away. The responsibility lies with me!"

Rudolf looked at the crying Erma and the kneeling Knight, and made a decision.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, if you're ready, we can go."

Once he was alone with Christopher, Rudolf said firmly,

"But I think our first priority should be to secure Elvira-sama."

"Do you disagree?"

"No."

Christopher said, trying to remain as calm as possible.

"After we get Lady Elvira back, we'll make them regret underestimating the Empire. Thoroughly."

Rudolf nodded.

"...Send a message to Lord Richard."

Christopher nodded.

Next ]

Previous ]