ISQABFSDCPHHT || Chapter - 49

Hama SenseiISQABFSDCPHHT

~ I Was Supposed To Be A Queen, But I Was Accused Of Being A Fake Saint, So I Fled And Was Doted On By The Crown Prince, But I Hope You'll Be Happy There Too ~

Chapter - 49 || I Felt A Sharp Pain

That night.

"Hey guys! It's on me, drink up!"

The bar on the outskirts of capital was in full swing. The wedding of Adrian's grandson had gone off without a hitch.

"Way to go, old man!"

"Congratulations, Grandpa. Look forward to your great-grandchildren!"

Adrian, still in the midst of his happiness, served drinks for everyone in the bar.

"You've had too much to drink, old man."

Julius, who was seated at the end of the table, said in disgust.

But Youssef knew.

He knew that Julius, who looked as if he had no choice but to participate, had taken the trouble to come here on his day off.

Youssef said cheerfully,

"It's a celebration. It's good. Why don't you have a drink?"

"No, thanks."

Youssef looked at Julius' face to see if he didn't like the commotion.

"You're on your first... drink and that's it?"

He was already bright red.

"Here, give me some water!"

"All right."

Youssef handed Julius the water that the shopkeeper had brought.

"Here, drink some of this."

Julius nodded meekly. He must have been feeling very weak.

"Well, I'll take that."

When Youssef tried to take the extra cup,

"Bon appétit."

And then a hand reached out from behind him.

"Leon, you're here."

I turned around and saw Leon, the informant, there. At first glance, he seemed like just a nice guy, but he had quite a bit of information.

"I just got here."

Leon laughed and emptied his cup in one go. Youssef frowned.

"You drank it all."

Leon shrugged.

"That's very kind of you. You've been drinking too much, and it's not doing you any good. It'll slow down your healing again."

It was about the wound on Youssef's neck. It was still bandaged.

For the sake of Julius, who was shrinking apologetically, Youssef said lightly,

"It's healed."

"That was fast."

It was Leon who was waiting for Youssef outside the gate that night.

He was surprised to see Youssef covered in blood, but he tended to him, saying he was glad it was only this bad.

He laughed and said that he was busy playing multiple roles, from informant to doctor.

That's right, I bought the location of the prison where Adrian was being held from Leon.

Even if his informant would never reveal the source of the information, how the hell did he get that place...?

"Yes! My Hannah is the best in the Kingdom!"

Youssef's thoughts were interrupted by Adrian's good-humoured voice.

"Let's have another toast! Everybody grab a cup."

The crowd got excited again.

"Again, old man! You just want a drink!"

"You're not drinking?"

"Yes!"

"Julius, you take this one."

Youssef let Julius have a fresh glass of water.

"What will Leon drink next?"

I turned around.

"Leon?"

But before I knew it, Leon was gone. He was sure busy, wasn't he?

Adrian exclaimed,

"Cheers!"

Julius blurted out to Youssef, still satisfied after drinking the mere water,

"I'm thinking of resigning from the Order."

Youssef nodded,

"What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know. I haven't even told my father yet."

He knew that his 'father' was a knight-errant and that he would never drink with him like this, but Youssef said,

"If they kick you out, you can come to the port."

"The port?"

"I'll get you plenty of work. You look like you're in good shape."

Julius stopped moving for a moment and looked at Youssef.

Then he smiled.

"That sounds good."

"But I'm gonna have to give it hard."

"I can move better than my old man."

"What?"

——

Leon left the bar unnoticed and received a note from a dirty old man in a dimly lit alley.

"Certainly."

Handing over one gold coin, the old man quickly disappeared. After reading the note, Leon—Richard's eyes suddenly became sharp.

"I told you to take care of my sister... brother-in-law."

——

Elvira was carried through a hidden passage to the east tower.

There, she was supposed to be accompanied by a soldier and a maid who could keep her secret, carefully selected by Roberto.

But,

Before that, something strange happened.

The first to notice was the soldiers who carried Elvira.

As soon as the soldiers laid Elvira down on the luxurious bed in the room, they felt a light breeze.

"What is this?"

I thought it was just a breeze, but it was getting stronger and stronger.

"...Huh?!"

"What's going on?"

Finally, the wind became so strong that they could not even keep their eyes open without covering their faces with their arms.

The soldiers left the room for a while, but still felt unsteady on their feet.

I had no choice but to lower myself down and take a look.

"What the hell?"

"Where the hell is that coming from?"

There was a high window, but it was not very big. The wind seemed to be blowing from inside the room.

One of them freaked out.

"It's a curse."

But then another one looked at Elvira in her bed.

"Can a false saint curse?"

Bang!

"Whoa!"

The wind was blowing especially strong.

The soldiers went outside as if they were being pushed.

Gasp!

The door slammed shut with such force that I rushed to open it.

"Ow! What the hell?"

I just grabbed the handle and it bled as if I had been cut with a blade.

"Is this...?"

Alexander was immediately and confidentially informed of these series of events.

He took Roberto with him to the tower.

There were soldiers who had not been allowed inside, standing around, unable to treat their injuries.

"I did as you asked and laid Elvira down, but suddenly a wind blew and pushed us out."

"Then the door closed by itself."

"The wind was blowing so hard."

"I couldn't touch the door."

Everyone was somewhat frightened as they spoke.

The soldiers' hands were covered in blood.

Alexander was annoyed.

Because if this door doesn't open, I won't be able to see Elvira.

That was the way this tower was constructed. It was built to imprison royalty.

"This is ridiculous."

Alexander turned to the door.

"Oh, please stop!"

"Shut up."

He put his hand on the iron handle without listening to them stop him.

However,

"Ouch!"

As soon as he touched it, a sharp pain shot through him.

Next ]

Previous ]